Jess On The Web:
1. Relatively young in comparison to their ancient Dragon brethren.
2. Drakes are always flying when moving. Many dragons typically walk while moving.
3. Drakes have four legs, and are very much like western dragons.
4. Can grow to be approx 60 feet (18m) long.
5. Appear in Teutonic myths.
6. A common breed of winged, fire-breathing dragon, known to terrorize villages.
7. Nest in rocky cliffs, and/or other inaccessible places.
8. Four powerful legs armed with razor sharp claws are capable of cutting through all but the strongest armour.
9. Fire Drakes are reddish and have a firey breath weapon. They spout great gouts of withering flame upon their foes. A light shimmer of heat may rise from their body.
10. Cold Drakes are usually white or bluish and breathe frost, snow, and hail. They fight using tooth and claw.
11. Winged Drakes are the most terrifying of all dragons. Their huge bat-like wings allow them to take to the air and wreak havoc on their enemies from above.
12. Smaug the Golden from "The Hobbit" was a winged drake.
13. Drakes are more than capable of destroying entire armies single-handed.
14. Beowulf fought a Firedrake.
The drake is well-known, but hasn't been extensively
researched thus far.